"The lost art of honest, customer service, has been revived by Eric and his professional team. I HIGHLY recommend Optimum Heat..."
"The lost art of honest, customer service, has been revived by Eric and his professional team. I HIGHLY recommend Optimum Heating & Cooling for your HVAC needs because of the honest customer service and the detailed maintenance that is offered. It is my honor to support a Veteran owned business because of the sacrifice and the selfless decision to serve in the military. Thank you for your service.
1. I woke up to a puddle in my basement 2 months ago. I am part of a monthly club with a different HVAC company, it includes service to my HVAV unit and discount on maintenance calls. The company installed a shut off valve for 350.00. They also performed the annual service on my HVAC unit at that time. (Make sure you ask specifically what the company does during annual maintenance. Ask to look at the outside unit when it is uncovered, ensure that it was cleaned. When they are done, confirm they did all that they are required for the service you pay for. Even check YouTube to learn the components of the HVAC unit- all things I did NOT do initially)
2. Less than 2 months later I make another service appointment because the AC is blowing hot air, a different technician arrives and says I have a leak in my coils and recharges my unit with a pound of R22 for 300.00. He explains that if the coolant leaks out the cold air would be temporary. The technician recommends replacing my unit because it is 17 years old. The next day the AC is blowing hot air, the company sends a different technician out, he recommends I replace my unit and gives me a rough estimate of 12k. (Do not feel pressure from the technicians, sales or the company, take a day to think about it and to do some home work and research)
4. I decide to get a second opinion. The Next company explained that the fan was not turning and my motor would need to be replaced, The technician explained that my unit is 17 years old so replacing the motor and coils and to fill up with R22 will be costly, so the overall recommendation is to replace the HVAC unit. More information so I say let me call another company to see if there is consistency in the diagnosis.
5. I checked out Home Depot to see how much an actual unit cost to install, Home Depot subcontracts with a different HVAC company. The sales person comes to my house and quotes us 13,000 as a 60 day price and 9,000 if I pay and schedule today. While at Lowes I see an advertisement on someone's work trailer for a HVAC contractor, they provided an estimate but did not inspect the unit.
7. While deciding which company we would hire, someone I was speaking to recommended Optimum Heating & Cooling. He explains that prior to him hiring Optimum, he paid a contractor 4k upfront to start the work on his HVAC project, and they never completed the work. (Money upfront may be risky, so proceed with caution if you make that decision) The 4k loss that he shared was quickly overshadowed by the gleaming review and recommendation to call and hire Optimum Heating & Cooling.
8. Optimum's scheduling department was very responsive. When Eric arrived, he spent so much time explaining things in detail, by now I understand the lingo because I learned about the HVAC unit online. The next day we received an estimate on the repairs.
9. My family and I have been in a hotel for 3 nights due to the heat wave (If you do not have to rush on the decision- take a minute and do your research). When Eric realized my family was in a hotel, he was very kind to offer 2 loaner window units until the work was complete and to help us save money. I of course was grateful because I canceled the remainder days of the hotel reservation.
10. Eric and his team headed over to start the work, after about 20 minutes Eric comes in my home and says your unit is actually maintains coolant, we will monitor the levels, the next update was the fan is not moving, your motor may be bad, the last update, which was music to my ears- with CAPACITOR- in hand, Eric explains that this is the issue. When they replaced your capacitor, the motor began working and the 17 year old AC unit was operating at full capacity.
11. So to recap to the most important part of the experience. I agreed to a full HVAC replacement with Optimum Heating & Cooling, they started working on my AC unit, it was determined the fix was replacing the Capacitor, which cost under 200.00. So instead of taking the big payday and replacing the HVAC unit, they explained that they pride themselves on honest business practices and sound technical maintenance.
12. Contact Optimum Heating & Cooling for your questions, maintenance, service, install, or if you just want to meet a solid military veteran and have great customer service from his wife when you call."